VOEvent Message Checker
Documentation for VOEvent 1.1 Mini-Schema used for validation
Paste your VOEvent XML into the box and click the button to check it. If it fails, try Lenient mode:
Lenient checking will correct common errors before checking:
- Missing namespace qualifier on root VOEvent tag and namespace reference
- Malformed xsi:schemaLocation attribute; schema name and location URL must be separated by whitespace, which is missing.
- Coordinate system id value FK5-UTC-GEO in several places under AstroCoordSystem; it should be UTC-FK5-GEO.
- Empty Citations tag, specifically <Citations/>
- Use of EventID element, it must be EventIVORN.
- Description element under Why element enclosed within a Name element. It must be a peer of Name, not a child.
- Param element containing units attribute; the attribute name must be unit (singular)
- AstroCoordSystem element containing ID attribute; it must be id (lower case).
- Inclusion of an Instrument element and sub-elements; these are not defined in the VOEvent 1.1 schema.
- Inclusion of an Err2PA element and sub-elements; these are not defined in the VOEvent 1.1 schema.
- Inclusion of a SpaceFrame element and sub-elements; these are not defined in the VOEvent 1.1 schema.
For info contact Robert B. Denny